Sunday, September 30, 2007

9/29/07 Avon

LJM and Hooper accompanying me. Ate dinner w/ McKendree's Friday PM and stayed in Corolla that night. Next day arrived at the Hole around noon. Looked at Ego and decided to rig 6.2 and JP 102. By the time I got out it had increased to solid 5.0 so I decided to tighten the sail and stay with same gear. Got some of the biggest air I have ever had. Big jump after big jump after big jump. Real nice wave riding as well. Waist to chest. Sailed for almost 2 hours and then went to the sound and sailed with Karl for a while. He did a sweet fwd right in front of me. Went and had lunch, rigged down to 5.4 and went back out on the sound. Boring so went back to the ocean. Watched the Hatteras locals sail for about 1/2 hour before I went out. Sailed 102 and 5.4 but should have been on Acid. Too lazy to get it off the truck. Combination worked out well and had a great session with some of the dudes still out. Wave riding got a little tougher because swell started to angle away from the beach making it harder to wave ride. Nice session overall, finally got some real wind.

No comments: